Friday, July 9, 2010

Foodie Log 8, date July 9, 2010

have I mentioned that I like variety? tapas, mezza, hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, whatever you call them - I love making a full meal out of them! :)
so, I have no idea why it took me so long to try Lebanese Taverna, but since my first visit in June I have been back three times. I really like how they bring out fresh bread (I think there's a different name for them, but I don't know what that is - it's like a pita, but lighter and puffy with hot air inside) with a side of oil. I think more restaurants should serve a little something like that - it's just a great touch! (but the bread has to be warm - if you're gonna do it, better do it right than mediocre!)

In 2 of my 3 visits, we ordered a few mezza items, the other visit I ordered the lunch sandwich platter (carved chicken). The platter was yummy, but not as good as the mezza experiences - even though I did not necessarily enjoy all the different mezza. See below for a mezza debrief :)

Hommos - get it - any variety, any topping - yum!
French Fries - they're the thick restaurant fries - if you order it for dippage, it comes with a little bowl of some garlic puree. it is REALLY garlicky, so keep that in mind if you're on a date or something! but dipping it in the hommos is divine! mmmm drooooool
Meat Pies - it was okay, I am not a huge lamb-fan and it was lamb-y
Spicy Sausage - this would have been better if it was just beef, the lambiness sort of threw me off
Sauteed Shrimp - LOVE it! it's warm and has a great citrus taste
Grape Leaves - pretty good, I am not a huge grape leaves fan, but these were small pieces and I liked the filling :)
Bean Fritters - I always think I am going to enjoy fritters more than I actually do ... it's just too ... crispy ... and not like in a good-crispy-french-fry kind of way ... it's sometimes too hard to bite into
Yogurt Dip - I was expecting something more, but it is what it is, yogurt dip
Cheese Plate - came with three different kinds - one tasted like string cheese (kind of rubbery and salty), the other was like a babybel and I think the 3rd was goat cheese, maybe ... I am not a huge goat cheese fan, it has such a strong taste, so I didn't try it, but that's what my co-worker said

Stats:
Lebanese Taverna, Lebanese / Middle Eastern
Tysons Galleria, ground floor across from The Daily Grill
sorry folks, no potty report - maybe next visit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment