Friday, July 2, 2010

Foodie Log 2, date July 2, 2010

Tried a new place with friends last night - myung-ga gim bap. Found it through yelp and, thankfully, it did not disappoint! I think it's going to turn into one of my go-to restaurants - my mouth is watering just thinking about it :-P

I love kim bap with a side of udon - it's such a great combination! although I was slightly disappointed that the egg in the udon wasn't cracked into the udon - it was just half of a hard-boiled egg. now, don't get me wrong, I love my hard-boiled eggs, but for udon, you gotta crack it in - it just gives it a little something. still, Pretty good udon + pretty good kim bap = great combination!

We also ordered the yang nyum chicken (fried chicken in sauce) - it was good and a little messy, as expected. the side of radish that korean fried chicken generally comes with was less than okay - it tasted like it didn't have enough vinegar and/or sugar in it or the radish hadn't been "marinating" long enough, so I stuck mostly to the kimchi :)

I think eating with friends can sometimes be an art form ... especially after a long day at work - at first it's great fun and everyone's chatting along, catching up and then, there's the lull - and not just from everyone having a mouth-full. it's not bad, per se, it's just ... a "huh" moment ... like "huh, I have nothing to say ... can I keep stuffing my mouth and is it rude to ask if they're gonna finish their dish?"

Stats:
Myung-Ga Gim Bap, Korean
in the Lotte Plaza
pretty small place, not sure that it has a bathroom ...

No comments:

Post a Comment