Saturday, July 24, 2010

Foodie Log 11, date July 24, 2010

In case anyone was confused, I'm a VA girl, I don't like to cross the river unless it's for work or really good food. now, I have not tried all of Jose Andres Think Food Group restaurants, but I had experienced enough of them to know Oyamel was worth crossing that river during rush hour. there is no "reverse" commute in this area and you know it! anywho - it wasn't that bad getting in and the food was yummy in my belly!

However, not a fan of the waitress - I understand the chips and salsa are quite scarce at a Mexican restaurant - here, it costs you $4 for the SECOND batch, we didn't even get the first batch and when we asked twice for them, she said, "oh, you want more chips?" and flitted away - more chips? yeah, more than the none we had! argh!

now, the food:
warm chips & delectable salsa - drooool!
seared scallops - two scallops per dish, who knew pumpkin and scallops made such a scrumptious pair?
sauteed shrimp - 6-7 warm shrimp, nothing like a little sweet black garlic!
tacos are the way to go, but it's just one taco per order so keep that in mind
papas al mole - what girl can resist french fries???

Stat:
Oyamel, Mexican
Penn Quarter
Single bathroom upstairs, but more downstairs - I think the bathroom downstairs is nicer

No comments:

Post a Comment