Thursday, July 1, 2010

Foodie Log 1, date July 1, 2010

Welcome and happy half-way across 2010! Time certainly flies and other time-related cliches ;)
I thought for a long, long time about what the right topic for this inaugural entry would be. What I figured out was, what's it matter? So! here I go! (I know - so much build-up - heehee)

The restaurant I have been to the most in the past six months is Pho Thang Long. It's my neighborhood restaurant and it's my comfy food. The thing about a "neighborhood" restaurant is - it doesn't have to be Michelin-rated. To me, it just has to have consistently good food and a reasonable price, oh and that "where everybody knows your name"-feel. Well, the people at Pho Thang Long actually don't know my name (I actually find that kind of weird), but they certainly recognize me. If I go a couple weeks without visiting, they always say, "oh, long time!" and they know what I order (regular #9). I've so gotten used to their pho that pho at every other place just doesn't taste "as good" even if the other pho is "better," culinarily-speaking.

I also enjoy (in no particular order) their summer rolls (rice paper stuffed with basil, shrimp and vermicelli), jasmine tea, chicken wings, lemon-grass grilled chicken with rice, limeade or limeade soda. Mostly it's just me and regular #9 - unless I'm super hungry then I may go for the extra noodles.

One of my favorite things about the place is that they have little peppermint hard candies by the register. A little dessert while we stand there paying for our meal :)

Stats:
Pho Thang Long, Vietnamese
in the Pan Am, Safeway shopping center
bathroom is clean and bathroomy, but does not have paper towels, only a hand-dryer - I usually grab some napkins from the table and tuck them in my pocket
http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-thang-long-fairfax

No comments:

Post a Comment