Saturday, July 3, 2010

Foodie Log 3, date July 3, 2010

There's something to be said for the variety and convenience of mall food courts. Having said that, I generally go to just one place in the Tysons Corner food court - Taka Grille. Once in a while I will veer off and go to the kabob place, but only just once in a while.

Is Taka so super awesome? no, not particularly. and sometimes their food doesn't sit too well with me. so, why do I keep going back? two words - bento. box. for just over $9 you get teriyaki chicken (or tonkatsu or bulgogi - but for me it's always the teriyaki chicken), rice, salad, and a little california roll sans roe - so much food! just the way i like it :)

the problem is, I don't always eat a ton, but I like a ton of variety - I want a little of this, a little of that and to be able to repeat, if I so desire. that's why even if the food borders on crappy sometimes, as long as it's edible, I will go for the almighty bento box ... or, preferrably, a proper korean setting - with lots of banchan and rice :)
(but that's neither here nor there since they don't serve that type of korean in the mall food court)

Stats:
Taka Grille, Korean/Japanese/asian
Tysons Corner food court by the movie theater
mall bathroom - doesn't have entrance doors which is convenient

No comments:

Post a Comment