Sunday, March 4, 2012

Foodie Log 26, date March 4, 2012

Wow ... talk about a long overdue post! (if anyone out there is still reading ...)

I may have "forgotten" to post (aka "too lazy"), but I did not forget to continue eating (har har) ... apparently my comedic blogging skills need a little more juice ...

Anywho!

I would like to present Exhibit A - yum yum fried rice at Rai Rai Ramen in Honolulu.
Exhibit A: Rai Rai Ramen's Fried Rice (combo size)
I know - what a weirdo, talking about fried rice at a ramen place ... but you know what, yummy is as yummy eats and I don't particularly care where it comes from.  Don't get me wrong, the ramen here is absolutely lovely and delicious and etc etc, but it gets all the recognition it needs from the name alone, so I want to give a little shout out to the fried rice, ramen's wingman in the journey to my tummy! (literally, you can get the Mini Combo Fried Rice, which comes with ramen AND fried rice - save a little, trust me, your stomach will not be very happy with you if you eat it all in one sitting)

Fried rice - that super awesome mixture of rice and whatever else you want - in this case, egg, scallions, onions, pork, and those fishy while/pink slices.  At Rai Rai's, you can hear them freshly frying your meal and those saliva generators go full blast ::droooooool:: and they don't keep you waiting, as soon as they dome it onto a plate, they bring it out to you - that's what I call service!

okay, I have to go wipe the drool off of my keyboard now ... until next time, happy chomping!

No comments:

Post a Comment